Zeikos ZE-NBG300 for Nikon D300 D700

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 | 7:58 AM



Zeikos ZE-NBG300
Let me start by saying that the Zeikos ZE-NBG300 grip is well worth its price. It is built well enough to handle most things thrown at it. If you plan on using this with smaller, lighter lenses, then it'll be perfect. I was using primes when I first started using the Zeikos grip on my D300s.

But then I started shooting sports (tennis and basketball) which require shooting vertically most of the time, putting more stress on the plastic Zeikos unit. I also bought the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 EX DG HSM II lens, which added even more weight and stress. The Zeikos ZE-NBG300 grip is still working, but it now creaks and I can feel it flexing in my hands when I'm shooting.

The only incompatibility issue I've had with my grip is when the batteries are very low, the camera will stop shooting. After unscrewing and reinstalling the grip, I can shoot another 100-200 frames before the batteries truly die. I would recommend you to buy Zeikos ZE-NBG300 from this site.

One thing to keep in mind is that while cosmetically it matches the D700 (and D300's) body, the construction is plastic. The plastic body doesn't feel that cheap (maybe a little compared to the D700's body) but it would be notably less durable than the camera it is attached to. If you drop your expensive D700 or D300 your camera will probably just fine, although it'll be very possible to crack the grip.

If you want something as durable as the camera its self, save up and buy the more expensive Nikon grip. Otherwise, in my experience, you can't go wrong with this grip. Use some of the money you saved for an EN-EL4a so you can get the improved FPS.

Something to keep in mind is that if you put another EN-EL3e battery in this grip (the standard battery that the D700 uses) you will NOT get the improved 8 fps. You will need to use a EN-EL4a or AA batteries (AA battery tray is included). If you buy rechargeable batteries, be sure you get decent enough ones that will be powerful enough for the increase in FPS. Rechargeable batteries with lower-than-alkaline voltage output may not reach the required voltage output to do this.
Zeikos ZE-NBG300 Zeikos ZE-NBG300

No comments:

Post a Comment